Boston, MA, United States
You will be paid on a per question basis
MCAT Content Developer
MedSchoolCoach is looking for MCAT Content Developers to contribute to the development of our MCAT question bank, practice exams, and video series. We are looking for individuals that have experience in the following areas (Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, and Verbal Reasoning) and will collaborate with our MCAT Director and MCAT Content Manager to develop industry-leading practice and preparation products. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about science and education and want to help create products that will have lasting effects on students as they prepare for the exam.
This ground-floor opportunity is long-term, and each Content Developer will have the potential to engage in the product life cycle from planning and development to completion and maintenance.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work the schedule that fits best in your life and provides growth opportunity and longevity, this is a great role for you to explore.
Minimum Education Required:
· A degree is not required for this role, but a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in the requisite field is preferred
· Must have sat for or studied for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
Minimum Experience Required:
· Subject matter expertise in a particular science
· Previous experience tutoring/teaching the MCAT or developing practice materials for the MCAT is highly preferred.
· Passion for education and learning
· Strong scientific writing skills
· Effective problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to think strategically and analytically and execute conceptual ideas into a finished product
· Proven history of working independently while operating within a team environment
· Ability to provide, receive, and respond to feedback positively
· Solid organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
· Ability to adapt quickly, brainstorm, and collaborate in a team setting
· Proficient in MS Office/working knowledge of IT
· Ability to write high-quality MCAT passages, questions, and rationales
· Writes MCAT passages and questions with comprehensive rationales
· Generates content that reflects existing blueprint standards and current scientific research
· Applies knowledge that reflects the MCAT blueprint and standardized examination practices for generation of test items
· Collaborates with management and team members to ensure goals are met
· Manages time effectively while multi-tasking
· Responds quickly to user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
· You will be paid on a per question and per passage basis and that rate is contingent on your experience